Feeling Overwhelmed With What Your Facing?
A cancer diagnosis is not something anyone plans for and it invades out of nowhere. It’s never something we’re prepared for because we don’t expect it. Yet it happens–and it often turns our world upside down, sometimes shatters it.
And cancer does not just invade the cells in our body; it infects nearly all areas of our lives: physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. It creates a host of new stressors, struggles, and potential losses.
PHYSICAL. Cancer can affect how you feel physically, especially when undergoing treatments like chemotherapy. Cancer can effect how you look, like loss of hair, weight, and strength.
EMOTIONAL. Cancer can introduce or increase feelings of fear, anger, confusion, loneliness, anxiety, depression, and despair.
PSYCHOLOGICAL. Cancer can lead to unhealthy coping mechanisms and/or agitate personal issues and struggles you had prior to cancer.
SPIRITUAL. Cancer can raise new and fearful questions, like Where is God in all this? Why does God allow things like cancer? Does God really care about me? And, Does God even exist?
It can all easily become overwhelming, especially if you don’t have a strong and loving support team in your corner.
It’s Time To Start A New Chapter
With one-on-one guidance and support,
you've found a safe place to find new hope and healing
with people who truly understand what you're facing and feeling.
Welcome to Beauty for Ashes!
Cancer Coaching and Counseling with Rebekah and Joel Hughes
- 6x meetings (45-60 min)
- A copy of A Brave Hope (movie)
- Two paperback books (or Kindle or audio)
- 24/7 email access to us
- Add further meetings if desired.
- Coaching/Counseling from people who truly understand.
Find Comfort and Hope Through the Storm. You Are Not Alone!
Beauty for Ashes is a three-month cancer-related coaching and counseling program with Rebekah and Joel Hughes, founders of Rebekah's Hope. We will meet twice a month via Zoom or Google Meets (6x sessions total). Each meeting is 45-60 minutes long. We will follow a game plan dealing with Grief, Acceptance, Emotions, Beliefs, and Purpose. But your personal needs are the top priority so this outline is highly flexible.
The Goal: The goal of BFA is not just to help you get through cancer in one piece as you were before cancer, but rather our shared goal is to use this as an opportunity to grow and transform into a hope-filled, badass fighter. Think of BFA as your therapist's office and as a life Bootcamp.
- Coaching. This is the Bootcamp part. While we want to offer globs of understanding and comfort, we don't want to coddle you--we want to motivate you to run forward with courage.
- Counseling. This is the therapist's office part. You will find comfort and encouragement in working with people who know what you're going through and feeling. Our empathy muscles are ripped!
- Strategy. Our meetings game plan (below) works step-by-step through a concentrated plan, but this is flexible depending on your needs. BFA is not just us talking at you. Our heart's motivation is to listen to what's in your heart and give you a safe place to share and vent.
- Assignments. Based on you and your needs, we will give you some things to read, watch, and/or think about.
Meeting #1: You & Your Needs
You will fill out a Google Form prior to this first meeting. In the form, we will ask you some basic questions to get to know you.
- This is our opportunity for us to get to know you, listen to your story, and current situation.
- Discover your greatest or most pressing struggles and needs.
- Develop a game plan together for what you want and need.
Meeting #2: Cancer & Grief
In this meeting, we will talk about cancer, grief, and acceptance.
- Talk about your cancer journey.
- Discuss grieving, its stages, and where you're at.
- Review the Serenity Prayer.
- Talk about courage and tips for becoming courageous.
Meeting #3: Emotions & Issues
In this meeting, we want to get into your heart and any positive or negative issues going on there.
- Understanding the primary battle against cancer.
- Discuss your dominant cancer-related emotions
- Pin-point your key struggles.
- Discover how these are affecting you, either good or bad.
- Discuss strategies to help with negative issues.
Meeting #4: Beliefs & Barriers
In this meeting, we want to learn more about you and your beliefs about yourself and about life, and how some of these beliefs may help you or be holding you back.
- What are your beliefs about life?
- What are your beliefs about yourself?
- What are your beliefs about you and cancer?
- What is your deepest fear?
- What beliefs may be acting as self-limiting barriers?
- Explore "Hidden Blessings" of cancer.
Meeting #5: Purpose & Goals
In this meeting, we want to talk about your life purpose or if you don't know your unique life purpose, we will help you move toward discovering it. Then we will set up some applicable goals for you to move toward becoming who you are meant to become.
- What is a life purpose?
- Do you know your life purpose?
- How do we find our life purpose?
- Develop a game plan for moving toward that purpose.
Meeting #6: Conclusion & Wrap Up
In our final meeting together, we want to try and tie together everything we've covered and what we all have discovered about you, and the goals you need to move toward. We also want to address any lingering or final questions, issues, or struggles you're still facing.
- Recap of all our meetings and what we've learned.
- Talk about your life purpose.
- Discuss further your core struggles and tactics to defeat them.
IS BEAUTY FOR ASHES RIGHT FOR YOU?
So is this something that sounds right for you? Some people’s hands are raised high–YES! I need this!--while others may not be sure. If you’re struggling to keep fear, anger, anxiety, depression, or despair under control, and/or if you just feel lost and confused about life, and fearful of an unknown future, we believe Beauty for Ashes can be a great help to you.
If cancer is leading to conflict or a breakdown in key relationships in your life, we can be a strong help to you there also.
Still not sure but curious? Schedule a free 20-minute consultation call with us.
Meet Your Guides
Rebekah Hughes. Rebekah (34) has been fighting breast cancer for 12 years, stages 1 and 4. Joel says she has multiple black belts in cancer combat! As a married couple, they've been fighting her cancer for seven years.
Rebekah is co-founder of Rebekah's Hope, the star of an award-winning documentary (A Brave Hope), a contributor to advancedbreastcancer.net, and the author of her forthcoming book, Clothed in Strength.
Joel Hughes. Joel (44) is a former pastor and holds degrees in Christian ministry and philosophy. He is co-founder of Rebekah's Hope, producer of A Brave Hope, and the author of six books. He is also a writer for advancedbreastcancer.net known as The Fallible Caregiver.
Penny Hughes. Penny (2 1/2) is a current Diva, trouble-maker, and soul-souther. This fun-loving bulldog serves as Joel and Rebekah's live-in therapist and fun-loving pain-in-the-butt.
"We are far from perfect! We still struggle every day with cancer issues and life-issues. But we have also learned how to overcome many titanic hurts and tragedies. And so, ya, we've learned some crucial things about life, things we hope to share with you."
OUR CRAZY, INSANE GUARANTEE
If you aren’t completely satisfied with your Beauty for Ashes package, let us know within the first 30-days and we'll give you a full refund. No questions asked.